Sunday, April 6, 2008

Road Trip

This past weekend iBaby, iBaby's aunt KK, iBaby's cousin Saylor, and I decided to make a quick trip to Ohio to visit our friend Leah and her kids. They moved up to Fredricktown two years ago and we hadn't gone to visit yet. So we stopped by Target on Friday to load up on snacks for our journey.
A quick sidenote: Since Karen gave me 2 belly bands (which I highly recommend), I had yet to purchase a single maternity item, not even shoes! Given my available wardrobe is shrinking quickly I thought it might be a good idea to look at the maternity items. Bottom line, I walked out of the store with my first maternity purchase...a new shirt.

With the new shirt packed in my overnight bag, Karen and I packed up the car, strapped Saylor in her seat, and headed out at 4:30am. About 3 hours into the trip, we had our only setback of the trip. After stopping to stretch our legs and feed Saylor breakfast we went to put Saylor back into the car. She quickly went into meltdown mode. After 15 minutes, I tried to convince Karen this road trip was a bad idea and we needed to throw in the towel and head home. Thankfully, Saylor finally got comfortable and relaxed in her car seat as we continued to head northwest. Out of about 15 hours of driving, this was the only time Saylor really cried. Amazing!

We had a great trip and it was so good to see Leah and the kids! I could tell Saylor had a great time playing with the H, J, Z, and the dogs. The kids were so good with her. Zach shared his Sponge Bob chair during the entire visit and even tried to send it home with Saylor.






The village of Fredericktown has 2,500 residents and is quite the change of pace from NoVa. It was pretty sunny and warm the whole weekend so we took the opportunity to walk around the entire town with our own tour guides. Its nice how everything is withing walking distance.

There is just something to be said about small town America!

I'm wearing my new top in this group photo! (and yes there is a white picket fence around the house)

1 comment:

Bishop's said...

you look so cute Susan but you all left out that poor dog in the back ground!! What a cute shot!