Last Sunday it was my birthday, so we decided to head downtown to the Cherry Blossom Festival to walk around and maybe find Nationals tickets for the home opener.
Around 2:30 we decided to head down to the stadium to see if anyone was scalping tickets. The game didn't start until 8:00 but I figured we might get lucky. Sure enough we did. As I was walking around the stadium I came across two ladies who asked in a whispered voice asked if I was looking for tickets and then told me of a machine around the corner which was selling tickets at face value. It seemed unbelievable to me as there was a lottery to buy the opening day tickets, and despite 8 entries we didn't get a single chance to buy tickets.
Sure enough though, I found the machine and eventually was able to buy a couple really good tickets (about 10 rows behind first base). Realizing my good fortune I called Erik and Cat and my brother Chris and Maggie to see if they would like to go as well. As you can tell by the photo they were happy to come.
What a great way to spend a day and ending with a two out, bottom of the 9th homerun to win was quite the finish.
Check out all the photos below
https://webmail.vt.edu/horde/util/go.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kodakgallery.com%2FI.jsp%3Fc%3Dpfx097l.82llw8wl%26x%3D1%26y%3Dlqrj57%26localeid%3Den_US&Horde=7cfc2ee0287f16ae27180f2cffd7448b
1 comment:
Great pictures! Thanks for sharing with us. We can tell you guys had a great time.
Post a Comment