Monday, April 21, 2008

Pregnancy Perks

If someone would have told me a couple months ago that pregnancy had its perks, I would have thought they were crazy. But, now, I think it really does!

Entertainment - First of all is the built in entertainment. I find myself staring at my belly and watching the baby whenever I get bored. Last week in meeting I realized I completely zonedout for about 5 minutes I felt and watched iBaby stretch and move.

Distraction - When I need a little distraction I start contemplating names or thinking about the baby's sex.

Free Seats - I was running late today for the bus and there were no seats left. A couple people offered theirs and I politely declined. Then a gentleman from the front got up and downright insisted I take his seat. So, I sat happily for the 50 minute ride to work (entertaining myself watching iBaby move after my morning shake).

There are some other perks as well. My coworkers won't let me carry anything and always offer me the seat closest to the door in the conference room (this became my favorite spot when I was sick, my quick exit strategy, so some consider it my permanent spot now).

People no longer give me a hard time about snacking or eating junk food. Being pregnant is a great excuse to eat whatever you want while cutting back on the exercise.

But the best perk is the excitement I get to share with Mike. He has taken such good care of me and although I sometimes get frustrated when he is a little over protective, I love to see the excitement on his face when he feels the baby move or talks about our little bundle of joy.

Time really does heal everything...only 6 weeks out from daily sickness and I'm beginning to think this isn't so bad after all.

No comments: