I have never been a fan of having my blood drawn. I think I would prefer 5 shots to one blood letting.
That being said, last week I had the dreaded glucose test. After hearing all kinds of horrible stories about how terrible it was, I drug myself to the appointment. The cold, orange beverage wasn't too bad. I am not a soda drinker but it reminded me of a flat orange soda. I have to admit I am used to consuming tons of refined sugar which I'm sure this had LOTS of. I didn't feel so well about 20 minutes into it and was actually glad to be called after my hour wait.
My glucose levels look great (YEAH!!). I can't imagine avoiding sweets and was a little nervous I would have to retake the test as my sister did. I also found out my iron level is low but not so low that I have to take a supplement. The doctor feels I can get back within normal range just by adding more iron rich foods to my diet. This would probably explain why I have been so tired so I was glad to hear there was an easy fix. I've had steak the last two nights for dinner :)
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Glad you passed! That glucose test is no fun!
Congrats on passing the first time!!! I know how much you hate having blood taken so the three hour test would have been torture for you.
Just a couple more months and we will get to meet ibaby! We can not wait!!!
Post a Comment