This Saturday was the first time I've been out on the water this season. The weather was perfect. Mike was a little nervous with me getting the lines but I climbed to the bow and held my post. I didn't do so well and two of the lines landed in the water but a little more practice and I'll be as good, if not better, than last season.
We took our girl out for our first playdate. We followed For Pete's Sake (our nickname for Pete's boat) out of the jetty just as Fuelish Pleasure (Pete's Dad) was headed in so we all went out to frolick on the bay. It wasn't as smooth as the leasurely ride Mike and I had taken earlier. At one point, Mike looked over and said he wouldn't be suprised if I ended up going into labor on the boat. I want our baby to be a water rat but that it taking it a little too far.
After working up our appetite, we loaded up in Pete's boat and headed over to celebrate Marilyn's birthday and pick crabs. Thanks to Pete, I think Mike and I have mastered the art of picking crabs. Should make for a much more productive crab season. We may have to put Pete's crabbing license to good use.
No comments:
Post a Comment