Wednesday, March 26, 2008

On the Move

The baby has been kicking, punching, twisting, and/or turning for quite awhile. In the past few weeks you could feel it from the outside but for some reason iBaby didn't cooperate when Mike was there so he hadn't felt the movement first hand. I think iBaby was soothed by the comfort of his/her daddy's hand.
The other night, I was working around the house and trying to get a bunch of things done. When I finally laid down, the baby was on the move! So Mike gently put his hand on my belly and much to his surprise, it was only a few seconds before he felt the strong hit. He immediately looked at me with this incredible expression and asked if I did it. I couldn't help but laugh. Then the second hit came and his expression was even more excited. On the third, I think he got a little freaked out, pulled his hand away and proclaimed it was alien-like to have this thing moving inside of me.
Thankfully I don't think Mike is too freaked out. We were out to dinner tonight and once I had finished eating, the baby started to move again. Mike quickly reached over to see if he could feel any movement.

4 comments:

Fuzzy said...

Isn't that the best?! I'm so glad that the baby cooperated for Mike.

Isn't it time for another belly photo? Although, according to my sources, you don't look pregnant yet!

Anonymous said...

We agree that there needs to be an updated belly photo.
Susan is starting to look pregnant now(barely). She has the pregnancy spread (like carrying a girl) instead of just the bump.
She looks great!!!!!

Chris said...

We enjoy Susan's posts much more than Mike's. Reading Mike's political posts on a baby blog is like having your dad tell you that he's taking you out for ice cream and then driving you to the doctor for a shot.

Bishop's said...

I can't wait to have our little ones playing together!! HOW cool...I am so excited to meet your little one. She/he will be so beautiful.
love you!
Lee Anne