Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Pregnancy Sucks



iBaby's future aunt Maggie recently gave me this book to borrow along with a couple other not as cleverly titled texts. Although I would have found this book title perfectly fitting a couple weeks ago, I now find it rather funny and informative.


Pregnancy has been a lot different than I imagined. My two sisters never complained and actually seemed to enjoy pregnancy, even though one was puking each morning the entire 9 months. I think like most things, looking back, you tend to remember the good and forget most of the bad.


One thing I didn't give much thought was the fact I would eventually grow out of most of my clothes. A good friend once warned me though that the only thing I would be able to wear throughout my entire pregnancy were my socks. I think she may be right as over the past week I have come to the conclusion that the first maternity item I may need to purchase will be new shoes! I have been trying on every pair I own and even pulled out the old, worn in ones but I can't find any that are comfortable. At this rate, I may end up in the government standard issue black tennis shoes by summer. YIKES!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Embrace the new wardrobe and be thankful you are pregnant now. Several years ago it was hard to find great pregnancy clothes. Now several cool stores are expanding into maternity clothes with lots of options. We are soo happy for you guys.
It has been over a week --- I'm waiting for the next political blog. God Bless.