After reading ESPN's bubble tracker this morning it seems today's game against Miami may well determine if the Hokies are dancing this year. Apparently finishing 4th in the ACC, the toughest league according to the conference RPI's, is not enough to warrant a spot. This would mean the ACC would only get 4 spots and the ACC Coach of the year would not be in!!!
The strangest part is that had VT finished 5th instead of 4th we would not have had a first round bye in the ACC tourney. Instead we would have played a first round game against NC State, and likely would have picked up our 10th ACC win before playing Miami this afternoon.
Best factoid I read: No ACC team has finished above .500 in conference play and missed the tourney.
My unbiased view is VT should be in no matter what happens today...but I guess the upside to this injustice is the excitement added to today's game...think I will bail out of work early today and catch the second half. Go Hokies!
No comments:
Post a Comment