Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Exciting Day



Its a healthy, energetic baby girl!
We had our much anticipated ultrasound this morning and although we stuck with our plan and didn't find out the sex of the baby, I am sticking with the guess that it is a girl. I think my odds are pretty good.


The picture to the left is a profile view with the baby's foot over its head. The baby was in this position a couple times during our 1 hour photo session.





The picture to the right is another profile shot but close up of the face. You can see the nose and what looks like a smile to me.










The pictures didn't turn out great but here is a shot with the baby's knee bent and the legs back down below the belly instead of over the head. There were a couple great screen shots where the baby replaced the feet with a hand over the head.


We both got a little scared when they kept taking more shots of the heart but were reassured when the tech said they have several parts to check off and when the baby moves into a better view they take a new picture. Everything looks good and the baby checked out perfectly.

As if the morning wasn't exciting enough, our first choice daycare called and they can guarantee us a slot in September. Although this is a month earlier than we wanted, I am estatic that the search is over and we got the location we preferred. YEAH!! I guess we have Aunt KK to thank for that since she directed us to the place and warned us to go early. See, we aren't such lazy parents after all.

2 comments:

Fuzzy said...

The baby is beautiful! I am betting girl too, and got so excited when I saw your first line! DON'T DO THAT! It's not nice to tease all of us out here that REALLY want to know.

Anonymous said...

We are glad to hear that all went very well with the sonogram. It is very nerve racking as they check off pictures they need, but fail to keep the parents informed. I too, believe it is a girl and have increased my bet following the sonogram. We live in Charles Town after all.