Friday, December 4, 2009

Vacation Snapshots

Portugal was beautiful and the people were so friendly. I haven't had a chance to post details since I've been on travel for work all week. To sum up the trip, there were castles and cathedrals EVERYWHERE and it was like an amazing combination of some of our favorite past vacations all rolled up into one great trip.

Lisbon reminded me a lot of San Fransisco built on hills, right on the harbor, fog rolling in sometimes, a bridge over the harbor modeled on the golden gate bridge and even cables cars...

the countryside and beautiful cathedrals reminded me of Italy complete with Roman ruins....
the walled towns, like Obidos, reminded me of Rothenburg, Germany.....


and the coastal town of Estoril reminded me of Monte Carlo. Funny how we always end up at a casino at some point in our vacations!
We had a fabulous time but this was the first trip where by the end of the trip I was REALLY looking forward to getting home (and seeing our little one) :)

These are just a few snapshots from our trip. We'll work on uploading all the other photos.

No comments: