Friday, June 27, 2008

Unexpected Turn


With just 4 weeks to go, we are now on a weekly schedule to visit the doctor. The appointments are usually a rather quick, routine visit but our 36 week appointment was a little different and, well, unexpected.

Of course I continue to play the "name that bump" game as I poke my belly but we got to actually see the baby's position after the doctor noticed the round, hard object in my ribs. Sure enough, iBaby is sitting upright in the breech position. After further observation, the doctor determined I am not a candidate for external cephalic version (where they manually flip the baby by pushing on your belly) so we have to schedule a c-section. Although it is nice to have a date and we'll be able to plan a little better, I thought we had more time which we can definitely use and a c-section isn't our preferred method of delivery. We haven't given up hope and continue to research different methods of getting the baby to flip positions but as long as everyone is healthy we really can't complain. We go back to the doctor on Thursday and maybe by then, with the help of some of these alternative methods, the baby will have flipped. It is pretty much a waiting game now.

No comments: