Our good friends Erik and Cat got married this weekend so we were pretty busy. The wedding and reception were incredible as was Mike's speech. This had to be the best food of any wedding we've attended and there was tons of it!
So, after a late night celebrating, we woke up early this morning and headed to the doctor. Our stubborn little one is doing well and even cooperated by allowing us to hear the heartbeat for the first time!
I think there are old wives tales pertaining to every aspect of a pregnancy so we ignore most of them. One tale we heard that made sense though was that more nausia than usual indicates a girl because the hormones from the baby are in conflict with the mother's hormones. Considering I am still getting sick at 17 weeks, Mike inquired with our doc if this means we are having a girl. I think he was comforted when the doc said this wasn't true at all...we'll see though (I still think its a girl).
No comments:
Post a Comment